Welcome to our April Blog Hop!
This month we are focusing on all things Mother’s Day…it’s only a couple of weeks away! Get ready for some great ideas, inspiration and how to as you move along through the blog hop.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from #23 Bethany at Salty Blonde on our Living with Style Blog Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you make sure to see and learn from all of the articles featured here today.
Today I’m sharing a watercolor greeting card idea that the moms in your life will love, plus a watercolor place card and a crafty place setting idea for this Mother’s Day! At the end of the post, you’ll find the resources to create your own or get some already made.
Watercolor Mother’s Day Greeting Card
Create a handmade greeting card for your mom that looks like a real artist created it! All you need to do is stamp the sentiment and the flower designs, then take a watercolor brush or aqua painter (pictured below) and use the ink from your stamp pad mixed with water to watercolor your flower design. I prefer looks like this one where you pull the ink from the edges. It gives it that more “finished” look and touch!
Here are a few more images of this greeting card –
Watercolor Mother’s Day Place Card
This is created using the exact same technique as above, except that I hand-lettered the name.
(Cumby is my mom’s name. I’ve had a lot of people ask already because it’s an unusual name – it’s a nickname for Columbia.)
Notice how when you put these cards on a darker backdrop (linen or paper), they really pop and you can appreciate them even more!
The place cards pictured here are flat cards, but you could use the same technique and create a tent card if you don’t want to use a fork (or another prop) to hold up your card. And according to taste, choose where you want your flower placement and have a great time creating!
Mother’s Day Place Setting Idea
When I was creating this, I had a completely different idea in mind, then had the inspiration to go in a completely different direction and create what you see here. (Which is way more fabulous than my original idea, I’ll tell you!!)
Kids aren’t the only one who can create heartfelt ways to say how you feel. Explore your creativity and tell the moms in your life what they mean to you …. right on their place setting! Simply use kraft or butcher paper to create runners or to use as an overlay for your tablescape this Mother’s Day!
Let me know what you think in the comments below.
The next stop is #2 Rhonda at MultiTaskingMaven on Living with Style Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again next month!
- Natalie Bradley at Soirée by Natalie Bradley << you are here
- Rhonda at MultiTaskingMaven
- Sofia Linha at Something On Everything
- Kristy Stewart at Under My Gabled Roof
- Lory Robinson at The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Pam Bennett at The Birch Cottage
- Lisa Milligan at Harmony and Happiness
- Dianne O’Donnell at Scrutinizing Life
- Ann Fontaine at The Clumsy Wife
- Leah M. Briick at Briick by Briick
- Jamie Srock at All That Srocks
- Lani Padilla at Simply Fresh Vintage
- Karissa Ancell at A Fresh Start
- Ellen Ocampo at Baby Boo Gifts
- Pam B at Hey, Miss Adventures!
- Kendra Sawyer at Wonderland Kind of Mind
- Anna at Anna International
- Abby Winstead at Winstead Wandering
- Fanny Seto at Living Richly on a Budget
- Laura Gelnett at Making It Happen Together
- Sarah at Ark in the Desert
- Keisha Sibert at Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams
- Bethany at Salty Blonde
Here’s what I used to create today’s mother’s day card and place card:
Or you can buy them from me already made in my Etsy shop here.
© 2003-2015 Soirée! Ltd./Natalie Bradley Events
Want to use this post in your E-newsletter, blog, or website? You can as long as you include this complete statement: Southern Blogger Natalie Bradley publishes the lifestyle blog filled with secrets, tips and how-tos on events, crafts and home projects. Get inspiration, tips and ideas at http://www.NatalieBradley.com/. Make your life a party with Soirée by Natalie Bradley Events!